Planning your elopement in the UK | Elopement Photographer & Planner in WalesHow to easily plan your elopement in 7 simple steps with guides & free resources
7 simple steps to immediately start planning your adventure elopement in Wales
Hey there! Looks like a big mainstream wedding just isn’t for you – you’d much rather spend your wedding day on one big exciting adventure somewhere in Wales? Happy days! What you need now is tips on how to easily plan your elopement in 7 simple steps, with guides & free resources!
You just want to BE you and feel super relaxed, right? And you want to do what YOU want to do rather than just please others. Especially on your wedding day!
Good news – I got you covered! At this early stage on your UK elopement journey, you probably have absolutely no frigging idea where to even start? I mean, how do you actually plan an elopement in Wales? How do you find a wedding elopement dress that’s totally you, how do you actually decide on the best location for your small elopement wedding, and what’s there to do after your elopement or on your honeymoon in Snowdonia?
As a local wedding photographer actually based in Wales, I can help you plan absolutely everything here – which register office or ceremony only venue in Wales to pick, where to look for your favourite outfits, the best places to elope in Wales away from the tourists, where to find banging vegetarian food or the freshest Lobster and what THE best things to do are after your elopement or on your honeymoon in glorious Snowdonia. Plus being local means I can connect you to some of the best wedding suppliers in the area for a low impact, environmentally friendly and meaningful wedding experience in glorious Wales! We can basically build you a tailor-made wedding in Wales that’s totally unique, just like YOU!
Let’s get down to it – here’s how to easily plan your elopement in 7 simple steps, with guides & free resources so that you can start planning your beautiful elopement in Wales straight away!
1. Pick your dream location. Remember epic camping trips to Wales as a kid? Maybe you had a surprise proposal on top of Snowdon?! Shared your first kiss here or jumped in the sea on Newborough Beach on a cheeky weekend away?? You want the epic rawness of Wales to be a part of your wedding day but maybe you’ve never been to Wales before. You imagine it to be super romantic (and you’re totally right there!) – I’m happy to suggest some of my all-time favourite spots for an unforgettable wedding experience and super epic pics and who better to suggest epic spots than a local epic wedding photographer in Wales, right?! ;) #epic
2. Confirm your date. You only need 28 days to give notice (who knew!?) so theoretically you could get married next month!!? Seriously though – most couples pick a random one! I’d start with your favourite season but if you’re not entirely sure how to pick a wedding date that suits you, I’m happy to talk you through some options. #whatsyourdate
3. Nail down one of the best wedding & elopement photographer in Wales! I’d do this sooner rather than later, some of us get booked up years in advance! For complete peace of mind and gorgeous pics – you could contact me first to find out when I’m available and then we’d plan your location & date around my availability. #easylife
4. Book your love nest. Fun bits next. Scour the internet for the most romantic love shacks in Wales!! You can do this via Air BnB, Canopy & Stars (other search engines are available), my post about 10 perfect honeymoon love shacks you’ll never want to leave or if you book me as your elopement photographer I’ll happily share some of the absolute gems some of my previous couples have found, although most of their shacks are now booked up until the end of 2022 #yousnoozeyouloose
5. Find local suppliers. If you think you’d like your hair & makeup done, order some gorgeous florals or wear a flower crown, share a tasty cake with some champers on a super romantic picnic – happy to point you in the right direction for awesome LOCAL suppliers. There are hundreds (probably more thousands actually) of ridiculously talented artisan crafts people in Wales and you’d be supporting other hard working small local business owners like myself which has a massively positive impact on their lives and is good for your soul. #supportlocal
6. Pack your bags, loves! Once we’ve worked out the details (which – let’s face it, compared to stressful mainstream wedding planning where you have to deal with finding the right venue, tricky seating arrangements, dietary requirements for people you’ve not even met yet, 1 million inappropriate first dance choices and embarrassing speeches while everybody stares at you – is pretty dang easy, right!!?) the only other thing you gotta do is get excited and pack your bags for a once-in-a-lifetime wedding adventure in Wales!! #happydays
7. Elopement day! Champagne & caviar for brekkie, a simple but meaningful ceremony for two, doughnuts instead of wedding cake – once-in-a-lifetime wedding day adventures and epic elopement photography #dreamsdocometrue!
Elopement Guides & Free Resources
The Ultimate Snowdonia Elopement Guide
The best places to elope in the UK
elopement wedding dresses - how to pick one that's perfect for you
the 15 best things to do after your elopement or on your honeymoon in Snowdonia
10 perfect honeymoon love shacks in Wales you'll never want to leave
Ready to start planning your totally stress-free elopement in Wales?
Some real elopements in Snowdonia to get you inspired
Snowdonia Mountain Elopement
Llyn Peninsula elopement with picnic
snowdonia Riverside elopement
Fun-filled Barmouth Elopement
Same-sex elopement wedding
Beautiful elopement near Dolgellau
Romantic Welsh Elopement
Llandudno Elopement-style wedding
Babs Boardwell is a wedding & elopement photographer based in Llangollen, servicing Wales and the surrounding areas. Often provides services for weddings across the whole of the U.K. Specialises in capturing artistic portraits paired with unique storytelling moments to produce natural, romantic wedding photography. The Clwydian Range is home but available for travel across the whole of the U.K.